The period of warranty is TEN years from the date of shipment. Faults and manufacturing defects can occur with any electrical device and we aim to make the process as simple and pain free as possible. Roamer guarantees to give a free repair or replacement in case of cells or BMS with defects proven to be due to manufacturing process (instead of customer abuse and misuse, or general wear and tear).
It is important that you contact us as soon as you notice a fault with your battery. We can talk you through a few simple tests that will help identify any issues. If we cannot resolve the problem remotely then we will arrange to collect the battery from you, and return to our warehouse for testing. Any shipping fees incurred for approved warranty returns will be covered by Roamer.
In the event of a proven manufacturing defect or battery failure that meets the below warranty terms and conditions, we will either repair the battery (usually by replacing internal components such as cells or the BMS) or replace the entire battery with an equivalent (or better) product from our current range. If we are unable to repair or provide a suitable replacement then we will refund the original purchase price. Please note that Bluetooth is not an essential feature for battery operation and any issues with Bluetooth (no signal or weak signal for example) are not covered under warranty.
If we cannot reproduce the problem or if the defect or failure is found to have been caused by customer abuse or misuse then we will return the battery to you, or if you prefer, we can recycle the battery. Depending on the state of the battery, we may be able to offer a credit towards an upgrade. Any shipping costs incurred as a result of a rejected warranty claim will be charged to you.
This Limited Warranty is to the original purchaser of the Product and is not transferable to any other person or entity. If you did not purchase from Roamer directly then please contact the place of purchase regarding any warranty claim.
This Limited Warranty is designed to protect you against manufacturing defects. It does not cover:
- Damage due to improper installation; loose terminal connections, under-sized cabling, incorrect connections (series or parallel where not specifically supported), short circuits or reverse polarity connections
- Damage caused by incorrect charging including the use of unsupported lead acid only chargers, or charged at a voltage or current that exceeds the recommended parameters
- Environmental damage; inappropriate storage conditions; exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures, fire or freezing, or water damage
- Damage caused by collision or impact
- Damage due to improper maintenance; under- or over-charging the Product, dirty terminal connections
- Product that has been opened, modified or tampered with
- Product that was used for applications other than which it was designed and intended for, including engine starting
- Product that was used on an over-sized inverter/charger (any inverter/charger that is rated to 3200 Watts or greater) without the use of a Manufacturer-approved current surge limiting device
- Product that was under-sized for the application, including an Air Conditioner or similar device having a locked rotor start-up up current that is not used in conjunction with a Manufacturer-approved surge-limiting device
- Product not stored in adherence to the Manufacturer’s storage guidelines, including storage of the Product at low state-of-charge, 100% state of charge, at temperatures exceeding 40 degrees C or placed on a continual float charge
- Operation of Bluetooth, either a fault with the app or the bluetooth module inside the battery
This Limited Warranty does not cover a Product that has reached its normal end of life due to usage which may occur prior to the Warranty Period. A battery can deliver only a fixed amount of Energy over its life which will occur over different periods of time depending on the application.
For example, cycling the battery more than 1 time daily, may cause the normal end of life to occur before the end of the Warranty Period. The Manufacturer reserves the right to deny a warranty claim if the Product is determined, upon inspection, to be at its normal end of life even if within the Warranty Period.
The suggested number of lifetime cycles is an indication based on laboratory test conditions and is not a guarantee. It is likely that in real world conditions, the achieved number of cycles will be lower especially if you have not followed the recommended care guidelines.
This limited warranty is in lieu of, and manufacturer disclaims and excludes, all other express warranties. Manufacturer further limits the duration of all, whether statutory, express or implied warranties, including, without limitation, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, to the warranty period.
Manufacturer’s exclusive liability for breach of any warranty on the Battery shall be to replace the Battery within the warranty period in accordance with the terms of this limited warranty. In no event shall Manufacturer be liable for any loss or damages of any other kind, whether direct, incidental, consequential including lost profits, exemplary, special or otherwise, including any lost profits or removal, shipping, or installation expenses.
EXCEPT FOR THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE GOODS, INCLUDING ANY (A) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; OR (B) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE OR OTHERWISE.
Some countries do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts or the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, which may vary from country to country.
This warranty shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with UK law. This warranty is understood to be the exclusive agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof. No employee or representative of Manufacturer is authorised to make any warranty in addition to those made in this agreement.
Submit warranty claim
To submit a warranty claim, please contact our customer service team: